Exercising control over your urge to eat, paired with having the right foods around, will add certainty that you don’t go haywire from your diet, but trying to lose weight and controlling those hunger pangs makes it hard. You may find that you’re often hungry while dieting and wanting to satiate that hunger, you reach for junk food…simple carbohydrates and sugar to satisfy your appetite and before long, negate the diet completely.
Appetite Suppressant Foods:
- Almonds: The body uses the pinolenic acid, which the almonds contain, to manufacture hormones, that suppress hunger.
- Apples: Apples are the best appetite suppressant; the fiber content gives a feeling of fullness and when chewed well it takes longer to digest.
- Berries: My favorite appetite suppressant food are the berries; cherries, strawberries, mulberries, blueberries, raspberries, lychee, etc. They are rich in fiber and are known for their antioxidant properties. Eating a handful of berries will satiate your hunger and you will not feel hungry for a longer period.
- Chocolate: The bittersweet taste of the pure dark chocolate (not milk chocolate) will give you a very satisfied feeling.
- Citrus Fruits: Fruits like oranges, tangerines, sweet limes, etc. can be had, whenever one is hungry. They are a good source of fiber and it is recommended that you not juice the fruit, but eat the whole fruit for all of the nutrients and fiber, which actually causes appetite suppression.
- Coffee: Coffee is one of the appetite suppressant foods. You can have a cup or two cups of coffee with non-fat cream. Try to avoid sugar in the coffee.
- Green Tea: Green tea not only burns fat but also is a very good appetite suppressant food. It stimulates the release of hormones, which are responsible for curbing food carvings.
- Oatmeal: By far, one of the best appetite suppressing foods is oatmeal. It is filled with rich fiber and is responsible for giving you a satiated feeling for a longer period.
- Water: Water helps in keeping the body hydrated and keeps hunger at bay. If you have a glass of water before your meals it will help in suppressing your hunger. Drink a glass of water at least 20 minutes before meals.
- Whey Protein Powder: Whey protein helps in building muscle mass. The muscle mass burns the fats easily, which helps in weight loss and at the same time it also gives you a feeling of fullness. Add it to milkshakes or smoothies.