Clothes do not make a person, but people reveal their identity through their clothes and appearance. There really is no prescribed standardized dress for people; men or women to wear, but we do follow fashion in our clothes and appearance. And while no one is perfect, some mistakes identify you and if you do not want to run the risks of making style snafus then here are fashion traps to avoid and the solutions to fix them.
- Choosing the wrong foundation garments: A foundation garment is not suppose to enhance your body’s features, like, for example, a padded bra would. It’s purpose is to temporarily alter your body shape into a more fashionable figure. Celebrities get stuffed and tucked into heavy-duty body trimmers, push-up bras, even sticky tape to look good in designer dresses for the red carpet, all the time, so just think what the right bra or support-top pantyhose could do for you. Solution: How to get it right underneath.
- Choosing clothes that don’t fit: Don’t buy on-line unless you’ll already familiar with the garment brand and size pattern. Did you know that little details like the length of your jacket sleeves or the place your pants hem rest can make or break an outfit? If you have found a great deal and tried on a garment and still need some adjustment, then the best way to get that perfect fit is to have a tailor alter the garment. Solution: How your clothes should really fit
- Relying too heavily on the fashion media: The fashion magazines, awards shows, newspapers and blogs, all keep us up to date with all the fashions. The problem is relying too heavily on them to rule your wardrobe, you run the risk of being a fashion victim, rather the fashionista that you want to be. Most magazines and TV programs present you with fabulous clothes you’ll want to buy on fabulous models you’ll want to look like….the problem: you probably can’t afford any of the clothes they show and you don’t look like a supermodel or a celebrity. Solution: Develop your own style .
- Creating a wardrobe made up of odds and ends: It may seem like a good idea to buy random odds and ends on sale, but you could end up blowing your budget and even your wardrobe concept on all those minor purchases. Without a plan, you can end up with tons of clothes and nothing to wear. But it’s never to late to change your habits. Solution: Always have something to wear.
- Getting stuck in a style rut: Sticking with classics has been conventional style wisdom for ages, and for women with full lives and limited resources this is still a sure way to investment dressing. The problem is that as we grow older, we sometimes become a little too comfortable wearing our old standbys (or just doing “replenishment” shopping each season). Sometimes all it takes is tweaking the basics that you already own to look fabulous. Solution:How to keep your look up-to-date.
It’s not your body shape or height that makes the difference. It’s really the way your clothes are presented on you that can make the difference. The good news is that looking good, thankfully has little to do with the old fashioned idea of perfection, but knowing what looks good on you and how to wear it. Check your closet or study your room decor and taste to help you define your signature style. just make sure it feels like you and fits your personality and lifestyle. And, remember, many people make fashion faux pas as they try to hard, or want to make sure they are wearing the latest fashions or styles regardless of whether they suit them or not, but now, you too, can present a stylish fashionable look. Good luck and let me know if this article helped you.