Join the Meatless Monday movement! Check out this week’s featured recipes.
10 Good Reasons To Go Meatless on Mondays:
- It’s easy to start the week with more fruits and veggies on your plate.
- Swapping meat for produce, beans and whole grains can help you manage your weight, prevent chronic disease, and boost your intake of key nutrients like fiber and vitamin C.
- Going meatless on Monday can help you reduce your environmental impact by saving resources like fresh water, land and fossil fuel.
- Meatless, produce-focused, and environmentally sustainable meals are also some of this year’s hottest culinary and wellness trends, so you’ll be able to stick it.
- Monday is like the January of the week: the day that we can reset our intentions after the weekend and try again. By recommitting to our resolutions every Monday, we get 52 opportunities to stick with it.
- With Meatless Monday communities on Facebook and Twitter, you’ll have the weekly reminders, recipes and healthy news you need to keep on going all year.
- Get your family into the habit of healthier meals by cooking and eating together, challenge yourself to try an exotic dish or new variety of produce each week, or help others go Meatless Monday by telling friends about the campaign or sharing your favorite recipes on social media.
- Get free diet, fitness, stress reduction and general health tips to your inbox each week by joining our sister campaign, Healthy Monday.
- In the words of our First Lady, “change the way a generation of kids thinks about food and nutrition,” and therefore help reduce the number of obese children in this country.
- Going meatless on Mondays can help prevent long-tern weight gain.