“Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing.” ~ Albert Schweitzer
Instead of looking outside of yourself for influence, strive to be an influential individual. When you are influential, you have more control over your life, your finances and how you are treated, and what you say holds more weight with those who listen to you. We never know which lives we influence, or when, or why. So, what do you need to be influential? Check out some of the traits of truly influential people and work on getting the following characteristics of influential people for yourself.
- Walking in self confidence is a virtue for an influencer. They know what they want and do not hesitate when it’s decision time. There is no doubt in them about their capabilities because they know that they can handle anything life throws at them.
- Be self motivated. Influencers don‘t rely on others to motivate their actions as they have the ability to provide all the motivation they need to accomplish any task.
- As poet C. S. Lewis puts it, “Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”Influencers word is their bond. When they say they‘ll do something, they always follow through with it, including setting priorities and good time management.
- Influential people are very social and are very good with relationships. They are loyal to their friends and family and fair to everyone they encounter.
- Influencers are always glowing with an optimistic attitude. They always look at the positive side of things, while showing gratitude, and know that everything is possible.
If you sit down and really spend some time with yourself, then you ‘ll be amazed at how many influential qualities you already possess across all facets of your life. Pick one of the above traits; self confidence, self motivation, integrity, relationships, or positive attitude and practice it daily until it becomes second nature to you.
When you have mastered that trait, go on to the next one. Yes, it‘ll take you some time to get them all down, but think of the future you‘ll have when you do. The sooner you start, the sooner you will … influence you.